MHS MISSING OR STRAY ANIMAL INFORMATION
Quick action and personal involvement are key components of recovering your lost pet. These steps can help you locate your lost pet as quickly as possible:
My pet is missing. What do I do?
When your pet is found, remember to take down any notices you’ve posted online and around your neighborhood.
I found a stray. What do I do?
- Complete our Report A Found Pet form
- Post photo and description of the animal to our Facebook page
- Post to your Facebook page and ask friends to “share” the post
- If during regular shelter hours call us at 218-741-7425
- Stop by to give the information in person, Tues. – Sun. noon – 5p.m.
- If after hours call the shelter and leave a detailed message
- Lost Cats MN Facebook Page
- Place an ad on Craigslist
- Post notices with a photo throughout the neighborhood
- Talk to your neighbors and any neighborhood businesses
- Having your animal microchipped will help to reunite you and your pet
- All pet owners are encouraged to microchip their pet and keep the information updated to accelerate lost pet reunions
- All animals are scanned for a microchip when they arrive at the Mesabi Humane Society
- The shelter will contact the person whose information is registered to that microchip
- If a microchip has old information, MHS is not able to contact the current owner
- Mesabi Humane Society offers microchipping for animals for $20
- Call today to schedule an appointment for your peace of mind 218-741-7425
Help MHS reunite you with your lost companion
If your animal is found the MHS fee scale is as follows: